Friday 30 December 2011

Landon Callin!!!


I'll start by replacing my Journalistic, professional and appropriate head with a more excited, animated and giddy one... "YESSSSSS! He's back... Landon is back!!!". 

Phew, now, I know what you're thinking, 'Why on earth is Adam getting so excited about the news of the return of a 29 year old Striker from the American MLS?'

Donovan in action for the USA

My reply would be 'Because I'm an Evertonian'.  And if you'd been blessed with watching the previous six transfer windows go by with little or no introductions and quite a few exits (!!) then I believe you too would share my joy. 

I do realise that Mr. Landon Donovan may not propel my beloved Blues up the Table and into a comfortable 5th place finish... I'm realistic enough to not get over-optimistic about his impact during the 2 months he will spend on Merseyside. However, for myself and other Everton fans we are very happy to see anyone pass through the doors at Goodison Park (in the right direction). 

When asked about his return to Everton and the Premier League, Donovan replied, "...I know exactly what is expected of me and hopefully I can fit in." 



I hope he does. Generally, at this time of the year Everton decide to put a run together and tend to shift further away from the dreaded relegation places.  Only time will tell how much impact the seven-time 'Honda Player of the Year' will have on the fortunes of the 'Toffees', but it's nice to see him back.

Twitter Banter
Although, I won't be 'holding my breath' whilst waiting for another new face at Finch Farm this January.




Written by Futera TV Presenter Adam Partington - @AdamPartington

1 comment: